Many people think that human hair wigs are hard to maintain. But that’s another misconception about them. If you stop yourself from buying these fantastic wigs just because of some rumors, then don’t. After reading this article, all your doubts and queries about human hair wigs will get cleared. Here in this, we have explained how one can take proper care of their human hair wigs, making them last for years.
The first thing you have to do is remove all the tangles from your human hair lace front wigs. You can either use your fingers or a comb having a wide-tooth. Start from the end and move slowly towards the roots of the hairs. This is the best method of removing tangles without damaging your wig. Make sure you don’t brush your wig. It will make the stitchings lose, and hence it’ll damage your wig. After you are done removing the tangles, it’s to wash the wig.
Many people make the mistake of washing their wigs inappropriately. Following are the steps to clean your wig in the right way:
- First of all, make sure you don’t use still water to wash your wig.
- Don’t submerge or soak your wig in the water.
- Hold your wig under running water.
- Allow the water to tough the roots of your wig till the end of the hairs.
- Take two-three drops of shampoo in your hand.
- Rub it on your hands. Then spread the shampoo from the roots to the end of your wig. Start from the top and then gently stroke your hands through the hairs in a downward motion. Do this three to four times.
- Hold the wig under the running water to rinse off the shampoo thoroughly.
- Make sure that there’s no shampoo left in your human hair lace wigs.
Note: You don’t have to use a regular shampoo to clean your wig. There are special shampoos available for these wigs in the market. Purchase them. They are bleach-free. So, when you are shopping for shampoo, it should not contain bleach. Bleach is the biggest enemy of the wigs. It not only damages the shine but all the roots of your human hair wig.
In the case of conditioning, you have to follow the same steps that you did with shampooing:
- Take a little amount of conditional in your hand. Rub it in your hand.
- Now, spread it in the same way you apply shampoo- from top to bottom in a downward motion.
- Avoid applying conditioner to the wig’s base. It can lead to shedding.
- Leave the conditioner for approximately 2minutes. The time might vary from conditional to conditional. So make sure to read the instructions given on your conditioner’s bottle or pouch.
- Place the wig under your water tab and rinse all the conditioner properly.
- Squeeze the wig gently and use a dry and clean towel to remove excess water. Simply place your wig on the towel and let it soak the water from your wig.
- Do not wring or twist the wig.
- If you have a wig stand, hand your beloved straight bob wig on it. Or hang it somewhere it can get dry.
After your conditioning, you’ll feel your wig silky and smooth when touched. This is the signal that the conditioner has worked well on your wigs. Now all you have to do is wear it and enhance your looks again.
So this was a short guide on how one can take proper care of their human hair wig. After reading the above content, we hope all your doubts about human hair wigs‘ maintenance are no more. If you still have any doubts, don’t hesitate to mention them in the comment section below. We’ll answer them as soon as possible.