Honey is being used for health care since many centuries. It is considered that honey has remarkable healing properties and it is not only about good taste.
Ayurvedic honey is said to have a lot of nutritional and medicinal properties and that is why it has been considered to be a staple in a lot of Ayurvedic practices. Here are some benefits which one can gain from honey and this is how honey is being used for the goodness of human health:
- The skin is said to be the largest organ of the body. Application of honey on skin provides it with great benefits. Honey can promote the healing of wounds and sores on the skin. It can also be used as a pain reliever and as an antiseptic. If one suffers from burn on the skin then honey can be applied on it as a cooking balm to recover from it.
- Honey can help in building tissues and it can also generate heat and energy. These are the 3 most crucial properties for ageing bodies. One can mix at least 2 tea spoons of honey in a cup of warm water and drink it to increase their energy. This can be used as a regular drink in order to add refreshment after a day full of stress.
- Honey contains things like copper, manganese and iron and these are excellent when it comes to building of haemoglobin. When one suffers from anaemia, it is suggested by the Ayurvedic practitioners to use honey so that one can maintain the right balance of haemoglobin in their body.
- Honey can be easily assimilated and digested. It can also reduce stress on the digestive organs when they are consumed on a regular basis. So, if one wants to maintain a healthy stomach, then they must consume honey on a regular basis. Honey not only aids in proper digestion but it can also help to ward off the stomach diseases and issues like vomiting, nausea and heartburn which can happen because of hydrochloric acid production. It can also help to digest the food that has remained undigested.
- It contains a lot of anti inflammatory and anti microbial properties and so honey can help one to maintain health gums and teeth. If one applied honey on teeth on a regular basis then it can cleanse them well and make them sparkle. It can also prevent the formation of decay and tarter which can lead to premature teeth loss. If one is suffering from gingivitis then one can gargle with honey and water which can be of great help.
- A lot of people suffer from insomnia these days. Honey has some hypnotic qualities which can bring sleep sound in one. One can mix 2 tea spoons of honey with a cup of warm water of with almond milk before going to bed. This can be a great remedy for those who are sleep deprived.
One can buy Ayurvedic honey and pour them on any hot food to make it more delicious.